The 2017 season will start on the 17th May at the Standard Bank Juliet Cullinan Wine Festival in Johannesburg. Don't forget to purchase your ticket.
WHO ARE THE BEST SOUTH AFRICAN WINE TASTERS?
WHO ARE THE TOP TASTERS IN SOUTH AFRICA?
Wine tasting is a gift. The SAWTC is calling for talents around the country. Who will be our best South African wine tasters this year?
A small percentage of the population has a predisposition and enjoys a very accurate palate memory! These talents, once recognised and trained they can be the Robert Parker, or the Jancis Robinson of tomorrow.
The South African Wine Tasting Championship is a public event calling for all talents to test their abilities at tasting wines. Wine lovers will finally be the center of a wine event.
The SAWTC will aim at two goals:
- Recognise and Award the Top Wine tasters in South Africa
- Select Team South Africa going to the World Blind Tasting Challenge
In the spirit of ongoing education, and in an attempt to encourage new converts into the closed circle that is the wine world, the SAWTC offers all wine lovers the chance to put their talents to the test. .
- GAUTENG SAWTC on the 17th May 2017 at the Standard Bank Juliet Cullinan Wine Festival in Hyde Park.
- WESTERN CAPE SAWTC on the 3rd June 2017 at the Taj Cape Town
- NATIONAL FINALS SAWTC on 2nd July 2017 at the Taj Cape Town
- WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP on 14th October 2017 at Boisset in Burgundy.
Our Twitter account is @SAWineChamp
After South Africa ranked 6th nation of the world in 2016, will team 2017 reach the podium?
All the updates can be found on our media partner wine.co.za